first, thank you
Thanks to Paul, Tyler, Jeff C., and the entire Shirley Fabrication team for supporting the 2017 Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship. When we announced Shirley as the Presenting Sponsor, there was a buzz within the competitive BBQ world. Several other smoker manufacturers took notice and a few have tried to duplicate our event model, without success.
Yes, the 2017 event was a great success as we hosted over 250 BBQ enthusiats (62 professional teams, 80 certified KCBS judges, volunteers, etc.). We received notes and comments from teams, judges, and attendees saying how much they enjoyed the competition and requesting information on the 2018 competition. And, we understand Shirley Fabrication booked over $75,000 in orders from the event with clients from all over the country, and of course, meet the legends Paul and Tyler.
As we discussed with Tyler in our initial conversation, our goal is to produce the best BBQ competition in the country while providing value for our sponsors and partners. And in pursuit of that goal, we are quickly being recognized as one of the best run, cook friendly competitions on the national BBQ circuit. In fact, our competition will sellout 6 months prior to the event and have a 20 team waiting list.
We greatly appreciate Shirley Fabrication's support of the 2017 Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship. We value the relationship and would like to continue the partnership for 2018 and beyond.
On March 9-10, 2018, the third annual Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship will host 66 professional BBQ competition teams from across the U.S. to compete in four categories: Ribs, Chicken, Pork and Brisket. These professional BBQ teams will compete for prize money totaling over $10,000 and points towards being the KCBS national BBQ team of the year.
The 2018 Smoke on the Shores competition is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society (KCBS). KCBS sanctions and judges BBQ competitions across the U.S. and promotes barbeque as America's cuisine. It is the largest society of barbeque enthusiasts in the world, with over 19,000 members. KCBS sanctions nearly 450 events across the globe each year. (www.KCBS.us).
Smoke on the Shores is a registered 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting competitive BBQ. Excess proceeds from our competitions are graciously donated to our two charities of choice, Operation BBQ Relief and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
“Pitmaster” (Presenting Sponsor Opportunity)
The third annual Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship will take place on March 9-10, 2018, and now is the perfect time to secure competition naming rights with a Presenting Sponsor Sponsorship.
As the 2018 Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship “PITMASTER” Presenting Sponsor, Shirley Fabrication will receive:
- Company name adjacent to the Competition name and/or logo in all marketing and promotional activities
- Recognition as Title Sponsor in all Competition print advertising and public service announcements
- Recognition as Title Sponsor on the Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship website
- Title sponsorship recognition in any Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship radio advertising
- Title sponsorship recognition on all Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship printed signs
- Title sponsorship recognition with logo on Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship stage signs
- Title sponsorship recognition in all Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship press releases
- Complimentary, premier booth space for sales/promotion at the Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship
- Title sponsorship recognition of company during stage announcements
- Accommodations for one night for a pre-planning visit
- Accommodations for two nights during the event
“PITMASTER” Presenting Sponsor Investment:
Three Year Partnership/Annual Commitment
2018 - $9,000
2019 - $9,000
2020 - $9,000
Two Year Partnership/Annual Commitment
2018 - $12,500
2019 - $12,500
As we have expressed, we truly appreciate Shirley Fabrication's support and generous donation (both financial and product). Your involvement and partnership in 2018 and beyond will allow Smoke on the Shores BBQ Championship to thrive in future years.
We look forward to discussing the partnership.
Please call/e-mail with questions.